** This giveaway is over, wah wah. Check out our newest posts instead, and watch for fresh giveaways on the horizon!**
I love writing about sustainability, cooking, travelling and playing with my corgi, but i’d rather not write just to see myself type. I write for readers! I love my readers, and i love being part of an awesome online community. Some of you have followed me from An Austin Homestead here to Pocket Pause, to read about my more Oregon-based adventures. Some readers are brand new, others have been with me a long time. This blog is definitely brand new, however: and it’s lacking a certain something that AAH had: readership! I miss my readers, both here and at Facebook.
And so: it is giveaway time! Entering this giveaway is easy, and you get bonus points for dragging your friends along. You know they won’t mind, because you’ll be introducing them to a fun diversion for info, stories, education and wit. Introduce yourself and your friends to Pocket Pause.
Pocket Pause is a blog for pausing before dinner prep, your morning weeding, or a trip to the grocery store. Pocket Pause is a blog to enjoy over a cup of tea or glass of wine. Pocket Pause is a place to learn some things, contribute your own knowledge, or get some ideas on projects you’d like to learn more about. Pocket Pause also features one heck of a cute corgi named Pocket, always ready to write the occasional guest post, or just smile for the camera.
If you’re not already won over, here’s more incentive for following my blog: a giveaway! Nude Soap is happy to give away a bar of soap and a tin of their herbal balm, great for cleaning up gardeners’ and spinners’ hands alike, and conditioning even the most stubbornly dry cuticle. The winner even gets to choose their favorite blend of soap (excluding shampoo bars)!
Hot dog, i bet you can’t wait to find out how you can enter. You get points for each bulleted method. Here’s how:
- Follow this blog! -By email, RSS, or whatever method you find most convenient. Click the “follow” handle at the right and choose your method. Don’t see your favorite reader? Let us know and we’ll try to get that option available.
- Follow us on Twitter! You can read our latest tweets anytime from the toolbar at the bottom of this screen, but die hard Twitter users are sure to want to follow us and re-tweet all the goodies we dig out of our bag of tricks.
- Like us on Facebook! We post all our updates on Facebook, despite hating the new “timeline,” so stay in touch there and share with your friends.
- Follow “Bathtime” our sister blog. Bathtime posts just once weekly with DIY beauty and natural living tips. You’re sure to find some cool projects to help get your household back to basics, all natural style.
- Bring a friend! Bonus points go to you if you get a friend to follow your lead. Be sure and tell your friend to comment with your handle so that you get credit.
- BONUS ENTRY! Get even more bonus points for “liking” our giveaway host: Nude Soap! You can find Nude Soap on Facebook, online, and on Twitter.
Once you’ve completed any of the above, just comment on this post. Post a new comment for every action, and be sure to include some kind of contact info so that i know how to get in touch with you if you’re the winner. Post a “hello” on Facebook and Twitter as well, and share this giveaway with your friends! The winner will be chosen next TUESDAY sometime before i go to bed, so get those entries started! Yay!
Ready, set, follow!
20 Responses to It’s Giveaway Time!
Love this! Wanna win.
Yay! I follow you on my Google Reader. Love your posts since I live in Oregon too.
emmachall at gmail.com
I’ve been following your blog since Austin.I LOVE POCKET….PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, can I win!!!!
follow this blog. esrliverman at gmail
like you on facebook (emilyswiggett at mail. utexas. edu)
follow bathtime blog – via gmail. I can’t wait to try the soap!
I follow your blog already!
I also follow you on twitter.
And, I “like” you on facebook! Thanks for this giveaway! :o)
Thanks for all the comments so far, folks! Remember that you have even more chances to win by recruiting friends and making us a part of your social media network. Be sure and comment back if you “like” or “follow” and have your friends mention your handle if they follow too!
I “like” both Nude soap and pocket pause on facebook. Have been reading your blog since austin homestead. Now I Follow it.
beth at farmingmom.blogspot.com
Pingback: Fiber Fridays: a Felted Future! | Pocket Pause
I follow on twitter.
I’m now officially subscribed to Pocket Pause and Bath Time. Normally I just find your site via my complete mess of a browser’s bookmark section…
hahaha. i totally understand THAT, Jessica! Thanks for making it “legit”!
I’m an email subscriber (reducefootprints at gmail dot com). Thanks so much for this opportunity … and I’m so glad that I found your blog!
I like Nude Soap on FB (I’m Sml Footprints) and I follow on Twitter (I’m @smallftprints)reducefootprints at gmail dot com
You have great ideas! Thank you so much for sharing! I follow by email (wakeupjate at yahoo dot com)
Thoroughly enjoy your fb page and blogs. I find your pocket pals to be fine workmanship & they’re adorable. Love all that you do. Thanks for sharing it all. Blessings abundant all the year through.